Save time with this simple social media scheduling hack!
Social Media Managers are nothing if not ingenious. Their job requires them to monitor the pulse of their industry and respond quickly to changes in stimuli. That’s why today’s hack is a genius one. We’re going to show you how you can generate quality content consistently for social media without breaking a sweat. All you need to do is to set up IFTT to send an email to Buffer every time you favorite a piece of content on Pocket.
Using these three simple free services, you can create a powerful social media content funnel for your business. Here’s how to go about it.
- First connect your social media accounts to Buffer and set up a schedule for each account
- Now, go to Buffer’s How to Email Guide. Leave this page open, so you can grab the custom email address that allows you to schedule updates to Buffer via email for IFTTT.
- Now create a free account on Pocket. You can use Pocket to save interesting articles from the Internet for later reading.
- Finally sign up for a free IFTT account where you will begin creating your magic recipe.
We are going to create a recipe that will allow us to send an email to Buffer every time you favorite a piece of content on Pocket.
- Go to create a recipe
- Select Pocket as the trigger channel
- Next select the trigger action. In this case we will set the trigger to fire each time we favorite an article on Pocket.
- Then, select Gmail as the action channel.
- Now, configure the email to your secret Buffer email address, the Title field as the subject line and the URL in the body of the email.
- Save the recipe
Once you’ve saved your recipe test it by favoriting an article in Pocket. Now, go back to your IFTTT dashboard and click on the refresh icon to force your recipe to run.
Soon, you should see your Buffer queue being populated with updates and voila!
For more digital marketing hacks, get in touch.